Saturday, April 24, 2010

Gross, Just Gross

Well Colin and I have been having lots of fun lately. My morning sickness has been getting better, than worse, better than worse, etc. But we've gotten pretty used to it, so that's kind of old news. Then one day Colin got what we hoped was food poisoning. He'd eaten a bunch of Canadian bacon that I had thought tasted gross, so we blamed it on that. We figured food poisoning isn't so good, but at least its not contagious like the stomach flu. So we stocked up on Poweraid, soda, broth, and of course, lots and lots of water. (We already had crackers and rice thanks to me.) The worst part of it, is that anytime anyone throws up, I throw up. Any time anyone talks about throwing up, I at LEAST start gagging. So I couldn't even take care of Colin, because I was feeling almost as bad as he was! But we made it through and two days later all was right with the world. At least for a couple of days. Turns out Colin didn't have food poisoning and it WAS the stomach flu. How do we know? I got it. Round 2. Luckily Colin has a much stronger stomach than I, so it was just me sick this time. I found it really hard to balance my morning sickness and cravings with stomach friendly food, but I made it. And now, a couple of days later we're both happy and healthy and eating normal food. :)

3 comments:

  1. So sorry to hear this. I remember a Christmas when the whole famdamly had the stomach flu in New Hampshire and we had to have a bucket a piece as there were only two bathrooms and 6 people throwing up. Glad you're well again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just so you know, I am a veritable wellspring of names. A few off the top of my head: Johannes, Edgar Pantiflicus von Baronmont III, Burnicus Burnside, Pants, Gary, So's Your Face, JOHNSON!, Flabbergast, Schnitzel, Frog, Restticus Pizzaro, Lord Etherverrey Slapstipont Wilhelm Gryffindor, Todation, etc.

    ReplyDelete