Monday, July 12, 2010

What We've Been Up To

Here are some pictures of what we've been doing this summer.


Platte State Park in April.


Colin was very happy to be back in the woods.


And in the trees. This was the first tree he's climbed since he fell. I was so nervous and didn't know what to do, so I took tons of pictures. If anyone wants a million pictures of Colin in a tree, I've got them. Seriously, you could make a flip book.




This was at a city park near our apartments.


For Maryanna and Tim, this is what the "no swimming" area looked like before all the storms/rain. Notice the reeds are not above people's heads!


At the races. I promise this picture is candid. I'm thinking of sending it to a modeling agency. :)


Warming up.


Our pool.


I have my own parking space at the grocery store!


4th of July fireworks. I have never in my life seen a place quite like Nebraska for fireworks. They are allowed in town so people were shooting off everything from bottle rockets to the big mortars. There was a gun smoke haze in the air for days! (People were also shooting them off for days.) We went to Seward for their big fireworks display, because apparently it's amazing. The tiny town of 6,000 ends up with around 40,000 people for their 4th of July celebration. Unfortunately it was rained out, so we just hung around and watched the people in the neighborhoods shoot off stuff. It was as good as most fireworks shows I've seen. I can't imagine what the professional one would have looked like.


Colin make fire. Colin cook meat. :)

Platte State Park in July.


The puzzle we've been working on for months is FINALLY done! Even though Maryanna broke it. :) (Just kidding Maryanna. Colin did the same thing. Then Maggie, too. I never broke it, but did somehow manage to loose a bunch of pieces under the couch for awhile.)

No comments:

Post a Comment